Sunday, February 8, 2009

Big changes at Regeneration

Okay, so I WAS going to go out of business. Sales were down so much that it didn't seem worth staying open. When I sent out an announcement before the holidays of a going out of business sale, so many loyal customers came in and told me that I just COULDN'T leave. They also bought a bunch of stuff, which gave me new hope. So I started looking for someone to share the store space with me, to help out covering the bills. I was in another store and a 50's pink ceramic rooster reminded me of my old friend Jeff, who used to have a store next to mine in Silverlake (his was The Snivling Sibling, mine was Pull my Daisy, which I sold about 7 years back). And so I called to see if he would be interested. When I told him who it was, he said "Oh God, did someone die??" Long story short, a few days later he agreed to rent 1/3 of the store and sell antiques and furniture.
So now the store is getting a big facelift and it's looking good! Last week I meet a man from Holland and we were discussing the economy, and it's effects on both of our countries. He brought up an interesting point, that downturns like this can be useful as it forces us to rethink how we do things and come up with new solutions.
So cheers to the crappy economy!

No comments: